We are a small, dynamic team passionate about gaming focused on creating the best competitive experiences and technologies for amateurs. We are looking for our first in-house UX Designer to lead our user-centric design efforts and have significant ownership over our design processes. From conceptualizing, wireframing, designing front-end user interfaces, and media, you'll be deeply involved in every area of our product. You will also work closely with our engineering, business, and executive team to produce high-quality, intuitive, functional, information, and user-tested designs. You will be critical in driving our user experience, and will have significant ownership on gathering user and stakeholder input and driving our aesthetic forward.
Requirements: What you should have
- 1+ years (more is better) of professional experience as a UX designer
- Natural creativity and organizational skills
- Excellent web, mobile UI/UX, and graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience developing, working within, and documenting a consistent design system
- Experience creating responsive UIs for multiple screen sizes and knowledge various mobile and web interaction styles
- Strong grasp on UI/UX Design Principles
- High proficiency in Sketch/Figma, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to articulate concepts and ideas clearly to a cross-functional team
- Structured design process from wireframing, to user testing, and final product
Responsibilities: what you will be doing
- Work with our engineering and business teams on a day-to-day basis
- Thoroughly learn about and understand our users’ needs, struggles, and goals
- Develop our internal processes for turning user needs into feature requirements into design specs
- Lead the evolution of our design aesthetic and elements
- Create and design user interfaces regularly or as dictated by our internal needs and schedules
- Craft a wide array or user-centered designs
- Join product meetings to assist our ideation flows
- Design and conduct usability tests and experiments with low and high fidelity prototypes
- Formally document your designs for the development team to implement them
- Communicate and explain your designs and ideas to the entire team
- Maintain and constantly update our design system, including our style guide
Why Join Gamercraft?
- We have big ambitions and plans for the future and we're looking for the best of the best to come along for the ride, and have a ton of fun in the process.
- You’ll join at a critical early stage, building the first version of many of our core systems & customer-facing applications.
- Your voice will be heard. We are a small, yet fast-growing company and will listen to your suggestions. If they follow our values, we will quickly put them into practice.
- You like to game. You love to create unparalleled experiences for users.
- You love Esports and creating opportunities for gamers to get better, achieve their goals, and develop genuine relationships with the Gamercraft community.
- Our gaming benefits are very, very cool!
What we are offering
- A base salary ranging from $50,000 to $70,000
- Complete and comprehensive health insurance plans
- Guideline 401k Retirement Plan
- Generous PTO
- A monthly gaming benefits package