We are a small dynamic team of engineers, committed to creating fantastic competitive and entertainment experiences. We are looking for a Data Scientist to lead our data and AI effort in this exciting beginning of our company, fueled with rapid growth and exciting technical and product challenges! You will be working closely with the CEO, CTO, and the engineering team. This an awesome opportunity for a data scientist who is well versed with helping answer questions about our users through the use of algorithmic methods, working on building production grade tools for our data modeling and the games we cover. You will take ownership of our data and AI strategy. We promise that the job will be fun, dynamic, and definitely not boring or repetitive.
Requirements: What you should have
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist
- 3+ years in SQL
- 3+ years using various machine learning tools
- Good knowledge of data science basic libraries (sklearn, pandas, numpy, scipy)
- Good knowledge of at least one deep learning framework (keras, pytorch,...)
- Great English skills
- Experience working in a SCRUM process
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Ability to take leadership opportunities
- Passionate about Gaming
- AWS Experience
- Involvement in the community (talks, blogs, podcasts, open-source projects)
- Experience with Kaggle competitions
Responsibilities: what you will be doing
- Drive technical vision and excellence for our initial data science team
- Work alongside the CTO to define complex data requirements on both short and long term
- You will work on our matchmaking engine and behavioral anti-cheating model by collecting both in-app data and in-game data. You will help detect potential cheating behaviors and make our tournament experience more balanced between our gamers.
- You will be able to experiment and improve the system by measuring its performance and adding new features in each iteration.
- Undertake data exploration to understand who our users are, how they get value from Gamercraft
- Work in an Agile environment to understand requirements, estimate the level of effort, and plan out the development roadmap
- Collaborate with our software engineering team, designers, product managers, and user testers
- Work and challenge our team in transitioning from our MVP to an hyper-scalable tournament ecosystem
Why Join Gamercraft?
- You’ll join at a critical early stage, building the first version of many of our core systems & customer-facing applications.
- Your voice will be heard. We are a small, yet fast-growing company and will listen to your suggestions. If they follow our values, we will quickly put them into practice.
- You like to game, but love to create unparalleled experiences for users
- We love Esports and creating opportunities for gamers to get better, achieve their goals, and develop genuine relationships with the Gamercraft community.
What we are offering
- Competitive salary
- Performance Bonus
- A monthly gaming benefits package
- Multiple trips to the several gaming conventions in North America and our headquarter in Miami